Call for Nominations (Article 28)
- Nominations are called for the 7 Board positions comprising a President (Chairperson), a Senior Vice President (Deputy Chairperson), a Vice President, a Treasurer and 3 Directors; and
- One Board member will be subsequently elected, by the Board, as the Club’s Secretary (Article 73).
Nomination Forms (Article 32)
- A separate nomination form must be completed for each position for which an eligible member is nominated;
- Completed nomination forms must be submitted to the Secretary (or may be lodged with the Bar Supervisor) by 5.00pm, Saturday, 8th February 2020, at the latest; and
- Late nominations will not be accepted.
Persons eligible for nomination and election (Articles 6, 30 and 31)
- Only full bowling and life members (ie. those who are financial and have completed at least 12 competition games as a Club member) are eligible for nomination, election or appointment to the Board; and
- Any eligible member who is also an employee of the Club is ineligible for nomination, election or appointment to the Board.
Persons eligible to nominate members and vote (Articles 6, 21 and 22)
- Current bowling, life, and associate bowling members are eligible to nominate for the Board;
- Social members as well as those eligible for nomination are also eligible to vote for the Board at the AGM; and
- Members who are un-financial (ie. owe any fees, subscriptions or any other moneys due to the Club), under suspension or employees of the Club at the time of the AGM are ineligible to vote for the Board.
Tenure (Article 36)
Each person elected or appointed will hold office from the time of election or appointment until the next AGM.
Nomination Procedure (Articles 32, 33 and 54)
- Nominations for office bearer positions will be closed at least 21 days, before the AGM; *
- The Secretary must receive written nominations for election to each of the positions by no later than 5.00pm, Saturday, 8th February 2020;
- Nominations must be made by two nominators who are financial Club members and include a declaration that the nominee is eligible, has consented to stand for election and will accept the appointment, if elected;
- A separate nomination form must be completed and submitted for each position for which an eligible member is nominated;
- The Secretary will prominently display details of the nominations as they are received;
- If the number of nominations received for any position(s) exceed the number of positions available, then a Returning Officer and 2 scrutineers will be called for and appointed at the AGM; and
- The Secretary will, from Wednesday, 3 March 2020, prominently display details of the outcome of the elections.
Election Process (Article 34)
Nominations less than or equal to positions
If the number of nominations received is less than or equal to the number of positions to be filled, then the nominees will be declared elected.
Number of nomination greater than positions
If the number of nominations received is greater than the number of positions to be filled, then elections will be conducted by secret ballot at the AGM in accordance with the Club’s Articles of Association and By-Laws.
|Nominations Open||9.00 am, Friday 31st January 2020|
|Nominations Close||5.00 pm, Saturday 8th February 2020|
|Elections (where required)||9.00 am, Saturday 29th February 2020|
NOMINATION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE OFFICE OR THE BAR.
*To meet AGM amended deadlines, nominations for office bearer positions will not be open for at least 42 days.